02 Jan Indoor Date Ideas for Winter
Posted at 08:12h in Trending Topics
When it is cold outside and dark during the evening hours, it’s easy to let your dating and social life to go dormant. Whether you’re coupled up or looking for activities to do with friends, we have some indoor options that are sure to be a hit.
- Go to Dinner and a Movie – This classic combination never goes out of style!
- Explore Local Museums – Be a tourist in your own town. Head to Heritage Green in Greenville to visit the Upcountry History Museum and Greenville County Museum of Art. In Spartanburg, the Chapman Cultural Center is home to an art museum, science center, theatre, and more.
- See a Show – Check schedules for the Peace Center, Bon Secours Wellness Arena, local theatres, and other performing arts venues to find a play or concert to attend.
- Get Competitive – Go bowling or craft axe throwing, have a game night at home, attend trivia night at your favorite bar, or work together to beat the clock in an escape room.
- Test Your Palate – Many local taprooms and restaurants like The Community Tap, Woodside Bistro, Foxcroft Wine Co., and Grateful Brew host wine tastings, multi-course dinners with wine pairings, and “tap takeovers.” Check their social media accounts and websites to find out more, and attend to see if you can discriminate between different hops and grape varietals.
- Do a Project – Head to AR Workshop to make all of your DIY dreams come true! From plank wood signs to lazy susans to canvas wall hangings, there are dozens of projects to choose from, build, and paint. Check out our previous blog on the experience here.
- View Some Art – Spartanburg ArtWalk takes place the 3rd Thursday of every month, and in Greenville, check out MAC’s First Fridays.
- Pamper Yourselves – Get a relaxing start to the new year by booking a couples massage at your favorite spa.
Don’t let the winter get you down. Get out there and have fun!