10 Sep 6 Properties with Major Marshmallow Roasting Potential
As the summer heat starts to subside, many homeowners are thinking about how they can transition their outdoor space to take advantage of the cooler weather.
An outdoor fire pit is a thoughtful feature that can not only provide a focal point for your backyard and a warm, cozy place for you to relax this fall, but also add value to a home with the growing trend surrounding outdoor living areas. Whether you’re in the market for your next home or looking for some inspiration for an outdoor fire area of your own, take a look at these six properties with major marshmallow roasting potential.
- 111 Oakmont Court: $685,000
- Neighborhood: The Reserve at Lake Keowee
- What We Love: Sit by the fire overlooking the mountains enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning or a cocktail on a beautiful South Carolina evening.
- Additional Features: Atop a private knoll at the end of a secluded driveway, this home is just a short cart ride to The Reserve’s clubhouse, village area, and boat slip.
- Specs: 4 bed, 3 baths, 2 half baths
- Listing Agent: David Hurst
- 40 Parkins Lake Road: $1,029,000
- Neighborhood: Parkins Lake
- What We Love: This paved fire pit is separated from the rest of the yard making it an ideal, secluded gathering space for family and friends alike.
- Additional Features: Old world charm abounds in this 5,400+ square foot custom Jack Thacker home situated on 1 acre in the heart of Parkins Mill. Plus, the additional workshop space accommodates a home office and shop but could be used as a guest house, home office, schoolroom, or hangout room.
- Specs: 4 bed, 4.5 baths
- Listing Agent: Heidi Putnam
- 309 Laguna Lane: $482,000
- Neighborhood: The Courtyards on West Georgia Road
- What We Love: The screened porch and oversized paver patio with fire pit are perfect for entertaining.
- Additional Features: This custom Simpsonville home has plenty of upgrades and an amazing media room perfect for watching college football this fall.
- Specs: 3 bed, 3 bath
- Listing Agent: Tracey Cappio
- 42 Fernwood Lane: $685,000
- Neighborhood: Cleveland Forest
- What We Love: In addition to the fire pit, this home’s outdoor space features multiple decks, a brick patio, two screened-in porches, and your own basketball and tennis area.
- Additional Features: Overlooking the Fernwood nature trail, this estate home sits on 1.5 acres within walking distance of Cleveland Park, the Prisma Health Swamp Rabbit Trail, the Greenville Zoo, and beautiful downtown Greenville.
- Specs: 4 bed, 3 bath
- Listing Agent: Jacob Mann
- 773 Palmetto Street: $989,000
- Neighborhood: Converse Heights
- What We Love: This private, walled backyard offers an outdoor fireplace, saltwater pool, and cascading waterfall encouraging optimal serenity.
- Additional Features: A true “smart home,” this custom built and designed Mediterranean-style home sits on a double lot in a sought-after historic neighborhood in Spartanburg.
- Specs: 4 bed, 4.5 bath
- Listing Agent: Francie Little
- 202 Gelsemium Place: $324,999
- Neighborhood: Garlington Place
- What We Love: The large patio and fire pit are a perfect spot to grill out. The mature trees and 6-foot wooden fence offer copious privacy in the shade.
- Additional Features: This spacious home is nestled in a quiet cul-de-sac, yet conveniently located to I-85 and all of the shopping, restaurants, and entertainment that both Pelham Road and Woodruff road have to offer.
- Specs: 4 bed, 2.5 bath
- Listing Agent: Ben Stoudenmire
From making s’mores to sharing stories, an outdoor fire area can provide the perfect backdrop to create memories for years to come. If you’re not exactly sure of the style you’re looking for or how one would work in your outdoor space, there’s plenty of inspiration out there.
Whether you’re thinking of making a move or curious how adding a fire pit to your own yard would add value to your home, click here to get in touch with one of our full-time real estate advisors.